Re: [RC] Can a horse drown in a 2' deep river!? - firedancefarms

It sounds like the horse went into shock.  I had a wonderful horse who truely could not swim.  When he went in the water, he would go belly up, flail his legs, and just give up.  This happened twice.
I was very apprehsive to cross the Shennandoah River on the Old Dominion...so I had "floaties" for his bridle!  Luckily we did not have to swim, but when the horse ahead of me "went down" in the water, I was a BIT nervous!
Happy Trails!
Louise
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians