[RC] Trailer Loading - Dyane Smith

Well, at the risk of sounding like a tell-all tabloid article,  I will wade in here.

My first horse was perfect to load when I got him.  Then, because I didn't have my own trailer, I had to get him trailered by a series of professional haulers, one of whom, whipped him around a freeway cloverleaf at "scramble speed".  After that, Sun wanted little or nothing to do with trailers.  But, whenever we passed one while out walking or riding, he was desperate to inspect it up close.

Susan Garlinghouse can tell you he was a pistol to load, walked all over me, never (to this day) acts like he has "respect" for me.  The difference is that, when I could afford a trailer, I got him a trailer he liked (a stock trailer).  Now, he literally has to be prevented from loading himself.  And...he now goes into other kinds (2 horse, for example) with no difficulty.

Suni doesn't have "respect" for me, but he is, and has always been, profoundly cooperative as long as I have respect for him.

Dyane