Re: [RC] GC shoes - Kristen A Fisher

I thought that using peroxide on a puncture wound is not advisable because the action of the peroxide actually destroys cells, and in a puncture wound this can contribute to an infection...??

Kristen in TX
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2004 8:19 PM
Subject: [RC] GC shoes

If the horse is lame right after the Ground Control shoes went on, then take them off.  Probably a nail in the wrong place, and that can happen with any kind of shoe.  I believe that one can take peroxide and put it on the nail holes and see where the bubbling action is.  That will tell one where the bad nail is.  I use Ground Control on the front with Maggie.  They work great BUT and this is a very big BUT, I use the clear shoes.  That way my farrier can see what he is doing.  My farrier probably would have told me to get another farrier if I had asked him to put on the black GC shoes.  Jeanie