Re: [RC] Getting in the trailer - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"....I recently watched a timid lady spend 2 hours trying to load her Mustang into a trailer in Cool. No offense, but this horse was walking all over her. It wasn't scared. It was dominant over her....."

That is a completely different problem.  In dominance battles, appropriate discipline, which can be rather forceful, is called for.  My strong preference would be to find some other arena to hash out these issues other than while loading.  I'd bet that trailer loading is not the only time/place that this horse walks all over this lady.  She needs to take safe lessons with this horse until she either can handle the horse or decides to sell him.

By the way, if I were in front of a horse that charged into a trailer the horse would receive a correction for charging.  Personal safety trumps tailoring lesions.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875