Re: [RC] re: Hoosier Daddy Ride - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Look guys, I can understand the problem here, again, I am STILL waiting to receive a check for $135 for refund on the last day of a SE ride that I HAD to leave early due to a death.  Now, I think it pretty crappy of a RM that won't refund under those conditions.  I have supported that ride very well for several years, it is a good, fun ride, but if I don't get my money, I will go somewhere else that weekend.  And to top it off, the 2 days I did ride, have the results screwed up on 2 out of 3 horses.  I understand that mailing out all the awards would be costly, but when it comes to an entry refund, that is different.  I even tried 2 times to get the money there, before I left.  An example of how it should be done:  This past weekend at GERA, I had a paid entry for a horse that I didn't bring, the RM wouldn't let me NOT take the money when I checked in.  Thanks GERA!!!!!!!   That was a fun ride...and I will come back.

Jody

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: April pmacedir@xxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As for the ride cards, they wanted to keep the cards to make sure
the results got to the AERC accurately. Like I posted earlier,
my husband just took a picture of my rider card and I am not
concerned whether I ever receive the actual card back.

The ride results were posted. When I don't know, but they are on
the AERC website now.

Management had a huge influx of riders. Way more than they had
anticipated, partly due to another CTR in the region being
canceled.

I'm sure lots of small things went wrong during the weekend, but
the main things were there: vets, water, marked trails! :-) And
from my perspective done very well. Even if everything wasn't
perfect, who ever has done something for the first time and got
everything perfect? Took me awhile to learn to ride a horse without falling off every 10 minutes.

I will be going back to Hoosier Daddy, barring anything beyond my
control to keep me home.

I have had a ride manager mail me a completion award...I mailed her a check to cover the shipping as it wasn't her fault I didn't pick it up at the ride.

April
Nashville, TN