Re: [RC] Drugs - Truman Prevatt

IV's are used at half time in college and professional football for rehydration from time to time. But I doubt if it would do much good before the event. This would of course not be legal in an AERC event.

On thing I noticed when we (SERA ) frist starting used our scale was some horses have very large weight losses on the first loop - 30 to 40 pounds in 15 miles - only to stop losing or even recover some weight the rest of the ride. It turnes out that most of these horses were those of experienced riders who practiced good management and preloaded with electrolytes starting a couple days prior.

Most likely between these horses may have gone in "super hydrated," but they got rid of the excess load fairly quickly.

Truman

goearth wrote:
Good Morning Campers,  Heidi, your and Ed's impressions agreed with the
answer from Jeannie Waldron, who said people are doing all sorts of things
these days.  She sees no advantage to this practice.  We have agreement from
all sides that this invasive procedure has no benefits to a well conditioned
and healthy horse. ts

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."