[RC] Horse Cover Ups at Rides? - B. L. Kossowan

Kristen: It's so much easier to take sheets, rugs and rainsheets along than to wish you had them after you get to a ride. I share the belief of my fellow riders that horses need extra protection when they are confined to a small area because they are not nesessarily able to look after themselves as well as if they are in their own pasture. Even here, where our horses aclimatize to temperatures ranging from -40 to +90 (F) we cover them up overnight when we take them to rides.

Regarding 1/2 sizes on rubber boots, I use a heavy knit sock to fill in the extra space.

Cheerio

Brenda K. & Wiid in Leslieville, Alberta