[RC] Horse Cover Ups at Rides? - Kristen A Fisher

I am trying to prepare for the coming fall/winter ride season and even though we are in TX it can get chilly at rides. My mare lives outside, and would not have any type of sheet/blanket at home on any given day, so I am wondering if I should get a rain sheet or lightweight waterproof blanket for her for rides? Or would she not need it because she is used to living outside?

I have a wool cooler to use to keep her warm during vet checks, but am not sure if I need something for before/after the rides. She was shivering in the rain at Unicorn Hunt in late June in east TX.

Also, does anyone know where you can get tall rubber boots that come in 1/2 sizes?

Can you tell it rained 12" at my last ride and I am trying to get prepared LOL.  Any feedback welcome.

Kristen and Rosie in TX