From: Alice Yovich <a.yovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   sweet itch/flax seed
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:43:19 -0500

I've been feeding flax seed religiously for over a year. I thought that it had kept my pony's itch at bay, but hark, when it turned warm in July (later than usual) and the flood waters receded, he itched (and is itching) as much as usual. My vet looked at it the other day again and he said to try gold bond or athletes foot powder, desitin, etc. Anything for itch relief at this point. I even discussed get a Boette Blanket (at $300, this isn't something I want to do) I've gotten some of that Schreiber's Herbal Remedy to try too. I have been feeding Source as someone said it frequently helps skin trouble, but alas, no luck.

I didn't ground my flax and it didn't do much for me. I don't know how I would keep it ground at my barn since there isn't really a good space to keep it cool. We just got a fridge, but it's not big enough really to keep it cool.