[RC] Tevis Bound ?????? Part 5 - Patrick Allen/Evelyn Hartman

Oh look the sign just said it's only 80 miles to San Diego. Yeah!!!! About another 2 hours and we will put this thing back in the storage lot. No more listening for every little noise and wondering what is causing it. I packed really well and nothing has fallen or come down while moving...pat, pat, on the back. Once your trust in a vehicle has been tested its hard to not to be leery of each and every new sound.
    In August, Reno and surrounding cities go wild with "Hot August Nights", a salute to all things from the 50's and 60's, old cars and Elvis especially. While staying at the KOA we saw many rigs either towing old cars or trailers with the cars inside them. The Hilton puts on a big car show. We even got to see "Big Foot" being let out of its trailer on its "Little Feet".......tractor tires. What a funny site...that big truck up in the air on itty, bitty tires. We could see the big feet still in the trailer, filling it from floor to ceiling.
    Leaving Reno and driving south we were treated to the site of many, many old cars being driven to their respective shows. Many brought back memories of the cars that our grandparents, parents, and we drove....some I know we will never see again.
    Oh my, just drove south of Escondido and came around a curve and got hit with the most wonderful cool ocean breeze, can see the fog bank off the coast of San Diego. We just might make it. Close my eyes and let the breeze blow over me as the jets from Miramar fly over head.
    Just a few more miles to the storage lot, transfer only necessities to the truck and fire it up. A mile and a half later, open my front door. Driving through my town I am wondering ...did last week really happen?  Reality will convince me soon enough with phone bills, gas bills and money to be repaid to 2 very wonderful people that helped tremendously in our time of need.
    Slept in my own bed last night, felt wonderful. Now I must start plowing through our emails..over 3000 of them....notices of bounced ones so if you have emailed me last week please do so again.
    Congratulations to whoever won and to those that completed the Tevis this year. Just know that those of you that didn't complete for whatever reason and those of you that didn't get to go for whatever reason.....try, try again...I plan on it.
    One bonus to this adventures is that I lost 11 lbs but am NOT endorsing this diet!
   That's my story......and I'm stickin' to it....big grin!
Evelyn and Pat