Re: [RC] the future and direction of Tevis? - Lif Strand

At 10:41 PM 8/6/2004, Jonni Jewell wrote:
The entry fee for the Tevis Cup should be higher to defray some of the cost.

Didn't a previous poster earlier today say that WSTF won't go broke if UAE doesn't continue to sponsor? Which is the case I wonder? Lots of talk, let's substantiate that with verifiable facts before making claims that may not be true.

I would think that smaller rides that have less history, less glory, might have a lot harder time getting financed than the Tevis. Jonni is right that some ride managers might have to turn to "any available source of funds to keep the events alive". Whether WSTF's Tevis would be included in that group is a question in my mind.

________________________________ Lif Strand fasterhorses.com Quemado NM USA