Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] I had a wonderful time. - Howard Bramhall - Truman Prevatt

I think it is hard for someone not from America and even many who are
Americans to understand just what America is.   During my career I have
worked often with colleagues and friends in the UK. They tell me that we
Americans are crazy.

America is the "Greatest Generation" those males that put the need of
their country ahead of theirs. It is the men and women that go to war
and the "Rosie the Riveter" that kept the industrial machine back home
working to keep the troops rolling.

America is the men and women that answered the call in Vietnam and the
men and women that also answered the call to protest the war they
thought unjustified and made the scrifice to exercise their rights of
protest - including those that included flag bruning in their protest
which was upheld by the highest court in America as valid politcal
protest . They are both pariots in their own right. Only in America can
patriotism be defined many different ways and only in America will all
these definitions be valid!

The protected right to protest is uniquely American as is the rules put
in writting called the US Constitution.

America is politicians slingling insutls and mud at one another with
wreckless abandon one day and standing in lock step mass on the steps of
the Capital two days later singing "God Bless America." America is
different things to different people. I am sure many foreigners don't
underestand it. But in some respects America is unique in a lot of
respects. It is open, it guarantees the rights of it's citizens and
unlike few other countries it welcomes diveristy, debate, infighting,
slingling mud, etc. - until someone outside has a stupid moment and
thinks that that is a weakness. That is the greatest strength of America.

Truman

PS: to make this endurance related so Steph doesn't grind me with her 6
inch heel on her riding boot  - it took a lot of endurance to delete all
this dribble about the UAE insulting us because the had our flag
reversed. If someone didn't like the way the flag was oriented - the put
the stupid cap on backwards and it was "correct.'" Now can we move on.

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."