[RC] reconditioning - Sundaez

My mare did her last 50 in January...and has been ridden sporatically since then due to my injury..then pregnant and lost my baby. I've recovered enough to ride again and want to do a ride beginning of Oct. I've started riding the my mare at a few days ago. Do you think it is reasonable she gets in shape for a 50 in time. She finished the one in January with lots to spare. The ride is easy/moderate. I really don't want to do a 25., but NEED to ride if you get my meaning. My other option is my total greenie...she's 7 but trail green. Maybe do the 25 on her? She shapes up faster since she's an arab--my other mare is a Morgan. But can you get a trail green horse ready in 2 months? The ride is Manzanita. I don't mind taking a green one on a 25 but the more experienced mare will be too hot on a 25, which is a warm up for her (but not me!)

Mel