[RC] Tevis Finish - many thanks - Beth Bliss

The dream that started more than 18 years ago has come true.  I got my hands on a little book called The Hundred Milers.  It was written by a junior rider (sorry I don't know the name) who was training to ride her mustang with Linda Tellington Jones.  I read the chapters as bedtime stories for my girls.  A dream seed was planted.  THANKS

At age 32 I adopted a 9 year old BLM mustang mare, who was my first horse.  I thought "maybe I should breed her to an Arab".  I found a farm that had an older stallion that had been bought from Rushcreek.  The owners said he had distance riding lines, and were willing to breed him to my mare.  THANKS

I discovered NATRC and rode in Region 6 off and on for 13 years.  It taught Corduroy and I many things.  THANKS

After moving to Oregon, I found myself surrounded by people who liked to ride endurance, and rides nearby to try.   THANKS

I decided to go for it, and asked my riding buddies, many who are not endurance riders, to support me in my quest.
As a group they encouraged me, rode faster than they liked with me, went to the WST fun ride with me, rode in the dark with me, believed in me, and ultimately made it come true for me.  THANKS

To my husband who is not a "horse person" and has had to put up with my passion for many years, and came to support me at the Tevis.  THANKS

To all the wonderful volunteers and keepers of the trail THANKS

To the fellow riders who were encouraging, cheerful, helpful, friendly and knowledgeable THANKS

To my farrier and my saddle repairer - THANKS

Mostly, I have to thank my horse, Corduroy Knickers.  He was strong and sure, taking me with him to his births'  destiny without hesitation at the age of 17 having never done 100 miles before, and his dam, Wild Dream Lady, who is 32 and going strong, teaching my 6 year old granddaughter the joys of riding with the beauty of nature around her.  THANKS

Beth Bliss and Corduroy Knickers #129