Re: [RC] Horse hit by car at Tevis? - Merryben

The horse collapsed and died and was not hit by a car.  It has just left the Foresthill vet check and was trotting along when it died.  My friend who was there and saw it said the horse was most likely dead before it hit the ground.  I had that happen to one of my horses years age when she was being ridden in the park by a friend.  The vets told me then that it was an aneurysm and that it could happen just standing out in a field.  There is no way to predict it and it just happens.....mb