[RC] Trail Markings (was Big Horn) - DVeritas

"I can ride the Big Horn 100 with trail markings.".....SHOULD READ "....withOUT..."

then.....

"
So what?
My thoughts are with the riders who finally find the way to make it to high profiles 100's...
A basic requirement is well-marked trails.
That's it.
If it comes down to the everpresent threat of how a ride might just fade away because a "well-marked trail" is just too difficult to do (which, for me, translates to safety issues for the horse and the rider, well sanctioning of a less than safe ride should be withheld.
If a "requirement" for a ride to continue is GPS waypoints and familiarity with the equipment for the everyday endurance rider to safely negotiate a trail, well, that just doesn't seem right to me.
    No offense to my Big Horn friends....actually, this missive is meant to help.

Thank you,
Frank.