[RC] BH 100 ride news-very unofficial - Cindy Collins

First, let me say that I showed up mid-day to help cheer on friends who
were riding the trail.  I did not mark trail, except for one section that
I pre-marked before leaving for the XP and I was not involved at all in
the hands-on management of the ride this year because I was out playing
with the Duck's band of merry horsemen/women.  I left before the 100
milers finished, but I'll share what I know (or think I know):

Bob Stellar won the BH 100.  Tom Knoll came in second.  The "Arizona" gals
all finished except for Annie George who had a severe migraine and
couldn't start, and Joyce Anderson, who broke her foot at Antelope Butte
and gallantly rode on to Jack Creek, but just couldn't go any further.
Drin Becker, sadly, had to pull at Horse Creek due to some type of muscle
spasm in her horse's rear.  She can tell you more about that.  Dorothy Sue
pulled at Antelope Butte, I think a lameness issue, but not sure.  Mary
and Kate Burgess, very sadly, got lost on the trail after Jack Creek and
decided to turn around and go back to the check.  I do sympathize so much
after doing the same at Ft. Howe last month.  I know I've left people out,
but that's truly all I know about the 100.

Lisa Cook and two of her friends tied for the 55 mile win.  Kathy and Bud
Arnold came in after them.  Jan Stevens and her girls finished the 55.  My
friend, Lauren, finished the 55 with seven mins. to spare!!! It was a nail
biter.  She was caught in rain and hail and rode the whole ride alone and
at the end, which is always mentally tough on both horse and rider.

So, this is all very unofficial, but hope it helps.  Thanks for asking.
One more time, I'm going to say that this is the most beautiful ride in
the USA, in my opinion, but you really do need a crew to do this ride.
Most people wouldn't think of doing Tevis without a crew, but often show
up at the BH without one.  When I was pulled for time at Tevis, it took
over 3 hours to get a trailer to me to ride out.  Same here at BH.  Please
come ride this magnificent trail, but try really hard to bring a
crew/driver, or be prepared and gracious while you wait 2-3 hours or more
for a ride out.  I've been there and done that several times.  Cindy