[RC] cross country equestrian needs help - Peggety123

--- Begin Message ---
As I read some of the internet stuff on the "Long Riders Guild" (I think that's the right name...I'll have to read some more), it turns out to be interesting historical info.  Thought you might be interested in this fellow and what he is doing...

Not sure what kind of horse he's on now...he's had a couple of different ones as well as a mule, I think, that he's used on this odyssey of his.
Anybody know anything about the mule pack station (Peggy, Lynette) down at Bishop?  Maybe he would travel through there on his way to Sacramento.    Lynn

P.S.  Christine Whalen and Melissa Joseph:  Even though I don't think this fellow is planning on the Northeast, could you broadcast this info to some of your horse contacts up there?  Might be you, or they, know horse people in some of the states Gene has yet to go through.  Thanks!

This was sent to me, know anyone that can help?

This was sent to me.. Anyone out there want to be a part of history by assisting this fellow equistrian??  This is a great story.. :) Christy

I don't know how many of you have heard of Gene Glassock ... but, he's an older guy -  (as am I an "older" woman)... anyway, he's riding his horse and packing a couple of Mustangs to all the state capitals in the US right now.  At this time he's in New Mexico and heading towards Arizona.  He's already hit a large number of the capitals, in a big loop, but still has many more to go.  He is in need of help in the New Mexico, Nevada & Arizona parts, which consists of a lot of desert to cross.  I told some of the people who are working to help get his "contacts" set for him, that I'd contact some of the horse/mule lists and see if anyone along his route might be able to help him out as he passes thru your area.  He needs places to spend the night on his route - he and his horses... and a good home-cooked meal is a real treat to him also.

Here's his URL to read more about him and this major trip of his,  and the contact # if any of you can help.  Could you please pass this onto any other groups that you can also.  This part of his trip crosses a lot of desert and he doesn't have many contacts there yet and is in need of some help.   The website describing his trip and keeping up with where he's at is
http://www.geneglasscock.org/ and the contact email addy for the people setting up his contacts along the way is emt439@xxxxxxxxx  (Gayle and Ashlee).
--- Begin Message ---
[...]

--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---