From: DreamWeaver <nvrider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "terry banister" <terrybanister@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] Hi Tie / Corral
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:45:28 -0800

Please see the website link that I posted and read my comments that are linked here: http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/horse/ties.html and here: http://members.tripod.com/ridephotos/horse/karenscomments.html

As far as that velcro giving away. Sometimes it gives away too easily, and sometimes it won't give away at all. When my horse (this was several years ago) went down on a tie after scratching an ear and putting his hind leg over the rope (something he did only once, they do learn) the velcro did not give away, but the arm bent (the old trailer ties). The velcro literally had a thousand pound horse pulling down on it and it did not give! In several cases the bungee ties or the tie arms themselves have broken before the velcro gave way. It all depends upon which angle it is pulled from.

I would not recommend using a bungee tie of any type with a trailer-tie (or any kind of a tie-arm on a trailer). That is just my opinion. My own horses have literally spent months and months of nights on their hi-ties (and before that, the trailer-ties) and I won't put them on a bungee. Absolutely not. I've seen too many horses and people hurt.

Karen
in NV

P.S. when you use the velcro, be aware that it comes undone much more easily if it is wet or after having been rained on.