[RC] Heart rate monitors - sandy . l . holder

"It seems to only work when the coat
under the electrodes is very wet,"

Try using some K-Y Jelly (from local pharmacy or local grocery store).  Squeeze a quarter size amount on the electrodes . . . BTW, it's always fun to see the looks on the cashier's face when I walk through to buy 3 - 4 tubes.  Alternatively, you can use ultrasound jelly. . . a very good riding buddy gave me a big bottle the last time I ran out.  I use it all year round and it works great.

Sandy and Tally (who wasn't too keen working out at 6 a.m. in the fog)