[RC] Sweepstakes & purchase advice - rides2far

Well guys, I've been horse shopping for the first time in years. Would
you believe I was down to TWO horses, with 2 riders here?  (I don't
believe in accumulating them). But then I brought home my neice's horse
to ride which made 3 and realized that if I take Ben & Rock somewhere
that leaves Kaboot without a buddy...so I guess I HAVE to buy a new
prospect, right? :-D

So, it's very interesting. I've looked at 5 possibilities. All have their
good points. One is Sweepstakes. I know that makes it *possible* to make
some money but have only a basic understanding of how. Do I have to join
AHA for it? I'm assuming I pay the double entry fee to be eligible. How
much do you have a chance to win?  Granted, I never got into endurance
for a profit but if somebody wanted to give me a check for something I
was already doing I'd take it.

Second, Just a question on taste. Some horses are strong looking, and
seem "tight". Then there are the sort of lanky, loose ones who just
totally "float". Those things look like perpetual motion machines with
their legs just swinging so free and loose, covering so much ground
seemingly effortlessly, but then when I think about the "good 100's" at
Biltmore, they seem to be the "tighter" type.  One horse that I looked at
is fairly light weight, 14.3 or so, fairly trim legs but big 'ol joints
and good sized feet. Good looking topline but a bit flat in the croup.
Unregistered, so don't know background.  I'm mentally comparing him to a
little Arab "jeep" that looked tough and strong, but probably not a
Cadillac to ride.  If you don't feel like preparing a "ridecamp worthy
message" just drop me a one liner stating your preference...and maybe
"why".

Angie

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!