[RC] Horse Trailer Disappointment - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Karen Nelson knelson@xxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paddi-  Take your trailer back to the dealer you bought it from and have a
CONCISE list of your complaints.  $18,000 isn't chicken feed, and YOU ARE the
customer.  Be a sqeaky wheel and don't take no for an answer.  This is a brand
new trailer and you should have at least a year of "Warranty" with it.
There is absolutely NO reason for this kind of sloppy work and dangerous edges.
Horses can get into enough trouble as it it.  Buy a one-time camera or 2 and
take pictures of all the tings that you feel are substandard or wrong and when
developing the film, order 2 sets of pics.  This gives you a set to send
directly to the factory along with your list of complaints.
The only way anything ever gets put right is when you tell them your money is
as good as anyone elses and you have a right to have what you paid for.
Having said all that, I ordered a brand new Thurobilt out of Oregon.  Steel
over wood floor.  I had the bulkhead wall set up with 2 sets of hinge pin
locations so that I could change a 4 horse to a 3 horse and have a larger tack
area for the 2001 XP.
I did have to pay extra (too much) for load range D tires, as the standard
tires they provide were load range C.  That isn't enough for that size trailer.
I should have asked for 7000 # axles, instead of 5200#, as I would have larger
bearings, etc.
I had a welding shop put on my hay rack and ladder and winch.  Rack= almost 7 X
13.  Largest one the guy ever did, and it works great.  I can winch loads up to
the top.  I have carried more than 1200 # on top when picking up my staged feed
during the XP. It tows great. All in all, I would buy another Thurobilt in a
minute.