Re: [RC] Gold Country Awards - Barbara McCrary

In talking to Marvin last December about this race, he told me he hated running.  When I asked him then why did he do it, he said, "Because I can."  I thought that was really interesting.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 5:09 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Gold Country Awards

In a message dated 7/14/2004 7:00:15 PM Central Daylight Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
A voice of reason. Thank you MB - bet you never though I say that you were a voice of reason, eh ;-)?

Keep bitching folks and ride managers will just say "the hell with it - these people aren't worth the aggrivation." Can you blame them.

Can we move on to beating on LDer's now?
Are you kidding, when I saw your next post I almost retracted mine.  God forbid I would agree with you.

This is not endurance related exactly, at least not with a horse, but our local endurance rider and WS100 runner, Marvin Snowbarger just completed the Badwater Ultra Run today.  It is 135 miles and goes down Death Valley, across a couple of mountain ranges and then the last 13 miles or so are up Mt. Whitney which is the highest mountain in the continental US.  Go to the Badwater site and see it.  It is the most amazing (and in my opinion insane) thing I can imagine.  Marvin was not the oldest runner to enter but the oldest to finish.....he is 67 this year....mb