Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Spooking and punishment

Person with the broken toe and smashed feet here....

Even though this thread is pretty much done, I just wanted to clarify.  When my gelding spooks while I'm leading him, he doesn't crash into me, at least not bodily.  What he does is jump, and then land splay-footed in front, kind of crouched and ready for defensive action from the scarey thing.  It's the splay-footed landing that results in his foot stomping my foot.

He has never crashed his whole body into mine.  Just his big ole' clunky feet.  :)

Jennifer