[RC] Gold Country ride - sherman

Well, as usual, Tara got her ride story written before I got mine done. I think I'll just let her do all the writing from now on, but I've got to convince her not to write it from Hotmail, as it adds all those symbols that make it "no fun to read". I have to agree that this was a great ride! Absolutely wonderful volunteers were always offering food & drink for horses & riders, helping watering the horses down at water stops for us. There was plenty of water to drink & sponge with. The weather was terrific, the views georgeous, the riders and camp neighbors we met were friendly, courteous and helpful. The vets were pretty darn good, with one minor blip, when Tara's horse did her uneven trot-out because she didn't want to leave her buddy, the vet was ready to pull her. Fortunately, he let her do it again, this time with the buddy going out first (& returning first), and all was well. The vet wasn't totally convinced though, and had her closely checked at the next vetting, but there was no problem. The barbecue was delicious, too. Yes, we got our "participation" awards when we picked up our ride packets, but I'll call it a completion award because we did. Thank you Gold Country Endurance Riders and ride manager, Cherryl Holbrook, for a great experience! I just don't see how it could have been any better.......unless maybe you could order just a bit of rain a few days before the ride, so we wouldn't have any dust and our gear and horses wouldn't get dirty! (:>) Of course, I'm kidding........
See you next year.
Kathy
Grass Valley, CA