Re: [RC] We have hit the 100 mark on signatures! - Bette Lamore

I would suggest you read the whole Letter, Lynn. It includes a recommendation that more funds be spent on promotions of distance and trail riding and elimination of the politics in the show ring. Lastly, if one's premise is that there are no or very few Arabians of nice family oriented temperament, then his/her position of not wishing to have AHA promote the Arabian as a family horse would make sense. I am saddened by the view that this is the case, hence the boycott of the Letter to AHA. A great many of us still have contact with, own, breed and see an incredible number of calm and loving Arabians who would be an asset to any family, more so than the "flighty crazy" ones, most of whom I believe to have become that way through human error and not genetics. People's right to breed a particular line of Arabians (flighty or not) is not legislated by the AHA or any other organization that I am aware of for that matter. I don't know of anyone or any agency in the US who has a say in who should breed and who should not and what types of horses should be bred.
This whole issue started with people being unhappy over the portrayal of the Arabian by AHA and the politics in the show ring and the lack of support for distance and trail riding. This petition deals with those issues. EVEN IF one is unhappy over the quality of Arabians being bred, I see no conflict with attempting to address some issues in which the AHA can implement change while continuing to breed the very best you can-- that is certainly what I and many others are doing. And if the majority of your contacts with Arabians is only with the crazy ones-- than I would suggest you re-read the story of Bunny who I believe is the rule of the Arabian heart, and NOT the exception!
Bette

Lynne Glazer wrote:

I'm in agreement with Heidi on this one. It ain't just marketing, hence I won't sign the petition.

Lynne
two ridecamp posts in one day <ding!>  limit reached