Re: [RC] Gold Country - Merryben

In a message dated 7/12/2004 12:30:06 PM Central Daylight Time, typef@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The only thing I was sad about this ride is that the awards were announced at 4:30 and I didn't get in until 4:30 so I didn't get to hear who the top ten were or BC or who got all those great belt buckles for First in Divisions
This is always a big problem for ride management.  If you wait until the ride is finished (my preference) then ride management has to put up with about 50 people wanting their awards, etc., so they can go home.  I don't really have a lot of patience with that unless home is close.  I rarely pack up and leave until Sunday.

The other alternative is to mail stuff.  I heard that the Gold Country gave you a participation award when you checked in.  That is a great idea.....mb