Re: [RC] Falling safely - Lynne Glazer

Thanks for giving me a grim laugh, Rosemary. That's the biggest load of doo doo about why not to wear a helmet I have ever heard! Especially with today's very lightweight helmets--tells me it's been a long time since she tried one on herself, and that she doesn't care for her students much, nor interested in the extensive testing results by Pony Club and others.

Bikes are one thing, falling from 5 feet high perhaps underneath something that weighs 1000 lbs with a mind of its own is quite different, to anyone with the ability for rational thought. Even the best riders can't always control the trajectory and speed of their involuntary dismounts, nor the possibility of that dreadful rock with YOUR name on it.

Lynne
who needs the brains she started the ride with, at the end of the day
and who has laid many damaged helmets to rest, with fervent thanks
and who still rides a unicycle, so it's not a balance thang