Re: [RC] spook and spin - Barbara McCrary

I wonder if your horse and mine are related?  Mine does the same things, including the springy trot that throws me out of the saddle.  I've almost given up trying to post.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 4:59 PM
Subject: [RC] spook and spin

We did a slight variation on that today.  My rotten horse was doing that boingy, bounding show-off trot because a herd of horses ran up in their pasture behind him.  You know that trot that vaults you out of the saddle every stride.  Then I was laughing at the idiot and he darted sideways on a road going toward home, then ducked his head because I was on his neck, and I did a slow motion fall onto the gravel road.  The spin part comes in because I had a death grip on the reins and he was trying to get away, and spun me in a big circle on the gravel.  Luckily he finally stopped :-D  Amazingly I have not a scratch, just a bruise on my butt where I hit the hardest I guess,  and my tights and tee shirt are unripped.  There is a big doughnut in the road swept clean of gravel by my skidding body :-D

Karen Bratcher aka Ready
"On the back of a horse there are no limits"