[RC] headlamps red light - Paul Bendzunas

While at the beach last summer we came across a turtle laying eggs and called the turtle patrol. They told us we could watch but we had to use red light because turtles are color blind and can't see red light, therefor the light would not disturb it.I have a headlamp that has red light and I use it around camp sometimes because it appears not to effect the horses.Maybe it's because such a soft light and it doesn't create harsh shadows.Also when you turn it off you're night vision comes back fast.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com