Re: [RC] AERC #'s - goearth

Hello, i just got off the phone w/ Running Deer  AKA Diane Clagett and now Marquard.  For those that don't know, AERC was formed in her kitchen in early spring 1970 from an original idea posted by Phil Gardner. His AERC # 1852.  Also in the room was Charles Barieau who was a photographer and never rode, tho he's in the AERC Hall of Fame.  Diane at the time was married to Dave Clagett, AERC # 1703.  Diane is a lifetime member and they don't offer that anymore and her # is 2097,  Hal Hall was there and his # is 1899.  Cliff Lewis was also there and his # is 2040.  For those that really want to take a step back in time, Diane told me the first time she rode the Tevis was in 1967 and the entry fee was $35 and she got a Sterling Silver belt buckle.  My, times have changed haven't they?  tom sites