Fw: [RC] West Nile in CA - sherman

ooops, the hotspot is Riverside County.

----- Original Message -----
From: sherman
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 10:34 PM
Subject: [RC] West Nile in CA

If you want to look at maps of how WNV is progressing, check out this government site.  http://westnilemaps.usgs.gov/   It looks as though San Bernadino County is a little hot spot of WNV, not only in horses, but humans & sentinal flocks as well. I don't know how quickly the birds travel that are carrying it, but I'll be vaccinating my new horse for it tomorrow. All the others already have had their 3rd shot (2 initially,  and booster this year) without any adverse reactions. I give the shots myself, in the hindquarter.
Kathy
Grass Valley, CA