[RC] WS 50 - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: richard dawson mrsd@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sure sorry to hear about the loss of Tanya's horse.

After due thought about the trail problem on that section of
trail, I have proceeded with my plan for a little renovation that should solve
most of  the problems.  A D8 Cat has been dispatched
to the Deadwood area  and the contractor says that the trail renovation will be
finished in time for the Tevis Ride.

New trail will be  14 to 18 feet wide and the equine section will be a minimum
of 5 feet in width between the 6 to 8 ft. chainlink fences for containment.
Trail will be smooth and all rocks removed prior to the laying of the astro
turf. The  SUV lane will have turnouts every 1/4  mile for passing and the
transfer of necesary supplies to all contestants.  AKA as beer & chip stops.
Call phones will be located at every other turnout for any comments to ride
management  that are thought to be needed.

After comments from riders and crews, adjustments will be made to the plan for
the rest of the trail.  Cougar rock will probably have a tunnel  (lighted).
This will make that section of trail much easier.  It has been stated that a
nice mural of the present
scenery would add excitement to the automated photgraphs that would be sent  to
all riders.

After the entire trail is finished, the winning time should be near 7hrs and 49
minutes.If you have any kind of horse at all, you will be in before dark, have
the award banquet, and be on your way home by Saturday Night.  If any riders
are out after dark, the overhead  lights will be on 20 minutes after sunset.

Any remarks will gladly be accepted by my computer which will then be dumped
off of no-hands bridge to join the three beer cans that I saw there three years
ago.

I love the Tevis........

Dick Dawson
6 finishes out of 69 or79 attempts.