[RC] first time rides, WS accident, and invocations - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Micki Turney Horseraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Lisa for being so articulate with your comments. I think I'll dig out
my "SHUT UP AND RIDE" t-shirt if its not too holey in the wrong areas.  As for
the WS accident: all of us can point fingers all day at the rider, the tailer,
the management.  Bottom line is this:  things happen on this very very
technical trail. It is the nature of the sport. As you will soon find out
things happen to the most experienced of riders!  Bees can come out of the
ground, parts of the trail are soft, the horse has four feet that need to be
synchronized all at the same time. Its a ballet out there sometimes. As for
invocations-I think a blessing or a prayer is appropriate whether ride
management just says "be careful out there" or prays for the safety for all of
us! Who is this going to hurt??   Think of all of the good it will do for all
of us. Something like a little invocation will make a rider more careful that
day or if anyone gets in some kind of trouble with their horse those who come
upon that rider will be a little bit more compassionate.  Whatever the case may
be.. my point is that it makes us all a little more mindful and careful too
with our horses and each other for that matter. Okay I am stepping off my
soapbox now :) (sigh)
Micki Turney