Re: [RC] lots of questions! now loose horses in trailer - Mike & Kathy Kelly

Title: Message
Hi Marlene,

In reply to question #4, I always tie leave my horse(s) loose in the trailer.  Just hauled a mare and foal from WY, left halters on but no leads (would have preferred to take the foals halter off but she wasn't halter broke yet so I would never be able to get ahold of her for unloading/loading for our overnight stop).  I do this with my endurance horses too, but wouldn't leave the halter on if there was anything in there they might get hung up on.  They know when we stop to come up to where I tie them, I can clip on a safety tie while I'm outside the trailer so I don't have loose horses when I open the back.

I got a video monitor off ebay for my trailer, it cost $150 total and works like a charm.  It is SO nice to be able to keep an eye on the horse(s) while driving.  Worth every penny just for the trip bringing the new mare & foal home.

Kathy Kelly
Parks AZ

ps  I just love the sidepull I ordered from you at the convention!!