Re: [RC] [RC] WS 50 ACCIDENT WE WERE THERE - SandyDSA

There are times when it is not in your own control, such as oen ride where a slew of badly managed junior riders came flying around a corner, and we couldn't get out of their way fast enough, and one clipped my daughter's horse, almost knocking them over. I agree, if someone is tailgating, then IF POSSIBLE, send them ahead. There are times when a rider will NOT go ahead, either because they are too....stupid, or because their horse is "doing well" drafting off of yours. HAving had this happen mor ethan once, I found it impossible to lose these leeches, until we hit a hill that our stallion pulled lickety split, faster than I Would have liked, but in the end it was safer to get out of sight. The other time, I merely got the rider's number and advised her that since she refused to pass and was riding unsafely, I was glad to be able to remember her NUMBER. She got out of my hair post haste. It is just idiotic that anyone has to deal with that. Sanctions are a good idea that need to be enforced.