[RC] Comments/reply to Pepper - Maggie Mieske

< at the risk of angering some>
NOT angry but I do have some comments...
<...I gotta say some of her problems could have been eliminated if she'd
been a little more pro-active before & during the event.>
I think that introducing herself around WAS pro-active.
<Since she obviously reads "ridecamp"she has available all the answers to
her questions of what to expect at every stage of an endurance event.>
NOBODY has ALL the answers for every stage of an endurance event.  Just when
you think you have it all figured out, something new will happen to shake up
your world and prove that there is nothing that will teach you a lesson
quicker about how much you don't know and can't control your environment
than attending an endurance ride.  (AHAM ride story will follow later....)
:)
<by now it's been pretty much drilled into everyone that you've got to at
least stay hydrated>
Not really...even experienced endurance riders who KNOW to stay dehydrated
can become dehydrated for many reasons even though they might know better...
health, hydration from previous days, stress....and just like our horses, if
we START a ride dehydrated or tired from lack of sleep, drinking water and
napping during the ride won't help us catch up on either...ok, that was
supposed to be funny but well, it's been a long weekend...
<I've also met my best endurance friends during times when I needed & asked
for help at a ride.  There are some really wonderful people out there who
will go out of their way to help anyone who has need.  This is the best
horse sport in the world and one reason is the people who are involved.>
ABSOLUTELY...and I might add also that my friend also come from the people
that I have helped along the way...there is no better feeling than to pass
on to another what someone has given to you.  What do they call that?
Paying it forward???  Pay it forward, folks.  It'll come back to you
eventually.  I think Carrie needs our support and advice, not our criticism.
Miles of Smiles,
Maggie Mieske
mmieske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."
Christopher Reeve