[RC] the XP Adventure-Team Estrogen checking in again! - mark

We are now in WY after overheating out of Salt Lake and spending some time on
the side of the road
and then in the Wal Mart parking lot.  It was an expensive day as we bought
two tires, one for the truck
(only 6K on it) and one for the Pod, which is our Chevy Tracker support
vehicle.  Thank goodness for
the Pod, as it runs around and scopes out parking places, gets antifreeze and
other important errands.

My crew, 20 year old son,Bryan, and his friend Jamie, have been SUPER.  They
are getting into this and
have been good natured and fun.  While dumping the black water last night, and
having an apparent
clog in the system, we managed to poke a stick up there and get it flowing
again- laughing so hard we
had tears in our eyes.  You have to be good natured to laugh at THAT!!!

I had heard all sorts of stories about these XP rides when I first planned to
come out here, and I was
curious as to what all the hoopla was about.  Now, after two weeks of this
five week ride, I can honestly
say that this is REALLY endurance.  I am confident that this is a safe and fun
way to see the country,
gain friendships, and enjoy your horse.  Everyday, every one who rides is
monitored on the trail and at
the lunch check by the Duck- not much escapes his scrutiny,and he knows every
horse- not only that,
but the riders themselves are caring and careful.  This is a wonderful
experience, and to tell you the
truth (ok, this may not make me very popular...) I couldn't care less about
doing another 50 mile sprint
over the same trail over and over.  I think I am spoiled.  Even my husband
(who had to fly home after
the first week, but is planning a return) is hooked---he vetted one day while
Duck rode, and
commmented that it was the best group of riders he has ever been around.
Amazingly, he even said he
wanted to ride, and we could definately come out next summer, or even this
fall and do another week--
this from the man who would quitely complain that we never get to go anywhere
without horses.

That said, I am heading on to our camp in WY.  We have four days of riding and
are canceling the fifth
day (friday 7/9) to ride 35 miles into the wind river area- Duck says it is
the most beautiful place and
we decided as a group to forgo the AERC miles and experience it.

Laura Hayes and Team Estrogen (Equal Terms, Bey Allure and Fly So Free)