[RC] junior points - Merryben

Juniors only get points in their division because their points are figured differently than the senior points.  This was done a long time ago because then it was just all seniors and all juniors.  Now that the seniors have 4 different divisions, the points should be changed, but the board does not seem to see it that way.  That is also why juniors do not qualify for 100 miler awards or the war mare award.   I tried to get it changed but the entire board voted no.  I was the only one who voted yes.  We are trying to redo it this year and hopefully the juniors will get close to the same standing that the LD gets.

However, there is an award that is privately sponsored.  Any junior who rides two 100 milers in the same calendar year will get a blanket.  All they have to do is send their ride results to either me or Karen Chaton and it will be done.  I think they get a T-shirt for their first ride.  When Karen gets back from XP maybe we can get shirts for kids who ride their first 50.......maryben