[RC] The XP Adventure-Team Estrogen checking in! - mark

All I can say is OHMYGOSH!!!!

THIS is soooo fabulous!!!  THIS is endurance!!!!

We have just finished week two of the most wonderful adventure you can
imagine!!  The history, the
friendships made, the wonderful horses, the laughs and the comenseration!!!
We are a small
community- only 26 riders and their crews.  We have blown tires, suffered dust
storms, broken ribs (ok,
just Becky Glazier!!) and formed friendships that will undoubtedly last a
lifetime.

The trail is wicked for the first two weeks, and many of us chose not to ride
throught the hot desert this
last day, and head instead for Wyoming where the weather is cooler and the
water wetter.

Team Estrogen is going stong, all four of us (E, Fly, Allure and myself) are
strong and healthy.  Allure
has done 150 miles with a completion, a second and a third, E has one
completion, a third place and a
BC, and Fly has a win with BC.   Interestingly, winning means maintaining a
steady 7.5 MPH, and we
pretty much take turns coming in first!!!  If you ride with Dave Rabe, you
have to let him win because he
opens all the gates!!  the day I won on Fly was because Heather Hackworth got
pulled and I HAD to go
on alone!

I was alone on Allure one day when a young wild stallion came up alongside!!!
All I could think of was
that I would hit him with my water bottle if he got too close, but he ran off
after a few minutes.  I knew
Allure wasn't interested, as there was a stallion loose in camp the morning
before and she double
barreled him pretty good.  Another day I was riding with Dave Rabe and Wayne
Delvece (?) from Canada,
and we spotted a wild mare above us on a ledge with a fairly new baby.

We camped at a great little lake last weekend and everyone pitched in to catch
rainbow trout and clean
and cook them for our potluck on Sat night.  What a neat little community!!!!

I have to run as we are parked in a Flying J and my mares are cooking in the
trailer.

I will try to write more.

Laura Hayes AERC#2741  from the wild wild west with Team Estrogen