Re: [RC] treeless saddles - Karla Watson

Yes people either love them or hate them. That is why there are many for sale that are practically brand new. If you love riding bareback, you'll love a treeless. If you have come from a close contact or dressage background, you will love a treeless. If you like more saddle and love the security of a western saddle, chances are good you will have a hard time adjusting to a treeless. I LOVE, LOVE my treeless saddles. I can feel every move my horse makes. I can feel a spook coming on or a buck. To me its like riding bareback which I loved to do growing up. They do take some getting used to. Some get in one and just love it instantly, like I did. Some take some time adjusting. I think many give up too quickly before giving them a chance, say 2-3 months. If after that you hate it, sell it....and give us treeless lovers a great bargain! :-)

Karla Watson....owner 2 Bob Marshall treeless and looking to add a Torsion soon.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] treeless saddles

Hello, that is a good question! I just got the torsion endurance, and like the sweat pattern it leaves on my hard to fit horse and the way I can feel her move, BUT I was caught in a spook and thrown into the backseat (like waterskiing), while the saddle moved all over the horse (there's no tree). Some will say this is because I am not yet a balanced rider (and they may be right), but my tendancy as a rider is to be too forward in the saddle, so I think the saddle design may have too much saddle in front. Also, there's a weird crack in between the saddle seat and the upraised back that feels strange to sit on, maybe the seat's too small for me? I'm gonna ride it a few more times and make a more thorough conclusion. It's certainly is well made though!

Laura
"Not all who wander are lost." (jrr tolkien)