[RC] Endurance Weeds - Steve Shaw

This subject is actually something that I know about, having worked for a weed and pond control company for a few years and having a certificate in HazMat.
You can control many weeds without spray by cutting them in a certain stage, before they flower, and don't reseed the area. But that takes knowing the type and stage really well. Other methods work better and there ARE some really neat products out there that are not too harmful to the planet (they biodegrade well).
Though, as mentioned already, there is a condition known as "seed bank" which means that you can get rid of some but there are about 3 years of other seeds that will regenerate the weeds. This means that you need to work on the problem for at LEAST 3 years. This is especially true for Star thistle.
I have found a product "Cool Max" that works well for Fiddle Neck. Transline works wonders on Star thistle. Round up or pulling is the only answer for Tar Weed that I have found yet.....
One of the longest weed banks is Brooms, known by many names. These actually have a seed bank of up to 80 years, though they need scarification to generate.
Email me if you want to know any application rates or timing (which is very important). Also, timing is important with berries or poison oak too, which Round Up or Remedy works best (Remedy not affecting grasses!).
Steve Shaw