[RC] Ride & Tie Championship Rides/Managers - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Jeanne Pepper pepperja@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back home after pre-race day of WCR&T.I'm working the ride which is located
only 45 minutes from my door & I gotta say..if you're reading this within
driving distance from Mendocino,Ca,you are really missing something!!The
weather is INCREDIBLE!!!70's with an ocean breeze,beautiful campsite with ocean
view & tons of grass.And talk about RIDE MANAGERS???!!! MY GOD! Lari Shea is
AMAZING!This event is the  World Championship Ride & Tie (all the media folks
are here  covering)but that wasn't enough for Lari,she added a 50 mile
Endurance Race,a 25 mile race,a 17 mile Ride & Tie, a Biatholon & one guy is
RUNNING the whole race on foot.The logistics of running this 2 day event are
mind boggling but Lari & her daughter Ky are holding up very well & delegating
tasks to the many helpers.I choose not to camp out (my hot tub was calling
me)but will be back out there at 7AM to haul my trailer to the 1st vet check
(in case of pulls)& do P&R's.Wish I was riding but my guy is still on R&R from
Oregon Outback 2 wks ago.Will let you know how it all turns out!!!

reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards