[RC] Cricketts in Idaho. - Karen

At 08:23 AM 6/25/2004, you wrote:
I'm pretty amazed at the number of nasty posts, and keep thinking
(hoping) folks will stop on their own. Those of you who are so free with
scathing comments, and so angrily self-defensive: chill out, go ride, or
have a glass of wine, or come up to Idaho and help me stomp out the
billions of mormon cricketts that have invaded. Nothing like a good
stomp and squish to make you feel better. It's also great fun to flush
them down the toilet. Or practice your aim flicking them off the deck
railing. Takes out all your aggression :)

Oh Noooooooo! You can't kill those poor little innocent creatures. They might go the way of the buffalo. Okay, so I have spent a lot of time in the Nevada sun recently and might be a little bit warped. At Cold Springs the Duck had us wear "cricket bells" on our horses, so that we would alert them that we were coming so they could get out of the way. Wouldn't want any crickets to get squashed you know. They could end up endangered and then what, they would have to go digging up the Teeter's septic tank in Idaho looking for crickett dna. tsk tsk :^)

Between the horses ID tags, crickett bells and chain on his bit we sound like a one horse band going down the trail. Jingle, jingle, jingle!

Karen
in NV

Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS! ~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance