[RC] Boarding Business- Help - Jerry & Susan Milam

We own about 20 acres of pasture that we currently have 6 horses living on
conected to our home.
We just got our local property tax bill and it went up from $67/ year to
$1400! We are surrounded by large acre crop farms. Unless we grow crops,
raise livestock or board other horses our property doesn't qualify any
longer for the lower agricultural tax rate any longer. I do board 2 horses
but until now have not made this a business. The people who board here are
friends and I charge them only minimally.

I know nothing about business or starting one. Can someone direct me to a
good resource for information on starting a horse related business like
boarding so we can qualify for the agricultural rate?

Thanks,
Susan

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~  Dr. Barney Flemming DVM