[RC] Horses eating in trailer - Benedikte Whitman

Has anyone ever had problems with horses that do not want to eat in the
trailer?  I have one that eats little or nothing in the trailer, and when
we are hauling for 8 hours, that means he arrives at the ride already down
the "metabolic post" a ways.

In order to get him eating in there, I am feeding him in the trailer every
morning and not letting him out until he has had a good meal.  It seems to
be helping but the true test is when I haul to Strawberry Fields this
weekend - he is NOT a food motivated horse.  Was wondering if anyone else
had any experience or suggestions.
Thanks,
Benedikte

When you ask a Quarter horse for something he says - Sure -  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith