[RC] Ft. Stanton ride vs CT region rides - Michael Maul

I was at the Ft Stanton ride too and did all 6 days in the 55 but alternated horses. It was a nice ride with good trails and excellent food.

My take on this is different than Jenna's. The low humidity more than compensated for the hills and rocks. I actually found these rides easier on my guys than most CT region rides.

We had done the Memorial Day Old Glory ride in 90 degrees and 65% humidity and felt much worse after the ride than we did after any of the days at Ft. Stanton.

I'll take steep hills, rocks, and altitude over high humidity anytime...

Mike

There is something so magical about being out at night after being on the
trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go. ~ Tom Noll