[RC] fort stanton multi day... - Jenna Pywell

hi folks just got back a couple of days ago from New Mexico where my horse and i completed all 6 days (there were only 7 of us that did all 6 days on the same horse) and what a blast i had. my hat goes off to Syd and Barney who took great care of our animals without spoonfeeding us and to Roger and the crew who made this fantastic ride happen. it got me thinking about my own region and the many differences that lie between them and has had me wishing our region was run a little more like theirs, the obvious differences were as follows:
1. the emphasis that was put on riding and not racing, getting your animal through all 6 days was the focus and it did not matter to anyone which placing one came in.
2. the lack of treated horses, in fact not one horse was treated yet in central there seems to be at least one at every ride like clockwork.
of course there are many more but these were the two obvious ones and it just got me thinking in light of teh current education debates that maybe other regions could learn a thing or two from this region and as to why there multi-days are so successful and why central (the only region i can honestly speak from experience but i suspect there are many others) has so many unsuccessful ONE day rides. Don't get me wrong i love my region i just think as far as education goes it may be smart to try and learn from these regions that appear to have less pulls and problems in a week than we sometimes have in a day...just my two cents... jenna....

...I got me some horses to ride on, to ride on...they say that my demons can't go there, so i got me some horses to ride on, to ride on...(Tori Amos)

poisonousdwarf@xxxxxxxxx
*** Jenna ***