Re: [RC] Norco etc - Kristen A Fisher

Louise - I had to laugh at this - at Old Glory they had 2 garden hoses you could use to rinse off your horse - in the shade. A TOTAL luxury! It was so hot, for one, and then when I got to show for BC my first time ever, Rosie got a shower. I thought, wow, this is so nice, I don't think I've been to a ride where we could do this before.  I think people need to appreciate what is there rather than bitch about what isn't.

Also, rather than running like a child to the RM, why not try and kindly remind riders about the ride rules? Someone started sponging out of a trough at Old Glory [they had asked please only sponge out of natural water, of which there was plenty, as there are lots of livestock that use the tanks]. Another rider just said "Oh remember, we aren't supposed to sponge out of here." The rider had forgotten, stopped, and apologized. End of story.

As a matter of fact, I think I will go fill out some forms to RMs on the past few rides I have done to thank them - it's never too late right?
Kristen