Re: [RC] Little girl needs a sport saddle - Maggie Mieske

Kristi,
I saw these bareback saddles in Country Supply that might do the trick for such a little girl.  They look really interesting and I wouldn't mind having one for myself.  They look well padded and sturdier than some of those that you see.  I don't know as I don't have one yet!  But they sell for under $50.  They have a fleece lining and use a standard western cinch (not included, of course), adjustable stirrups, too.  Has a D ring for a crupper even.  You might be able to see it at www.countrysupply.com or at least order a catalog.  It might be an affordable alternative until a saddle can be had and a little safer than bareback.  The deluxe model ($69.95) even comes with rings for breastplates, etc. and has removeable saddle bags.  I remember thinking about April (it was April that rode bareback, wasn't it?) when I saw this.  :)  Right up her alley!
Miles of Smiles,
Maggie Mieske
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."  Christopher Reeve